Staff Parish Relations Committee
The Staff Parish Relations Committee is the administrative unit of the Oak Creek Community UMC. In this role, the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) functions as liasion where congregational interests and staff interests come together to focus on the mission of the church.
An important role of the SPRC is supporting the morale of the staff and providing helpful feedback from the congregation. Every united methodist church has an SPRC to help build relationships among members of the congregation and staff with a goal bringing together the most effective team to accomplish the mission and purposes of the church.
The SPRC has leadership and management roles. The leadership role is to "keep an eye on the big picture" or mission of the church. Even during crisis, the SPRC members can never forget that they are part of the body of Christ and must always be aware of the mission of God's Church. The management role focuses on the daily activities that ensure details are take care of and the mission strategies are implemented.
The SPRC works with individuals and groups, including:
- the Lead Pastor
- all ordained leaders, elders and deacons, as appointed by the Bishop Hee-Soo Jung
- the lay staff, both full time and part time
- the congregation (individually and corporately)
- church members interested in being candidates for licensed and ordained ministry
- the local community
- the District Superintendent Rev. Deborah Thompson
- the United Methodist Wisconsin Annual Conference staff and general church staff
Janet Porte – Chair